Indian Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology (ISPAE) announces the invitation of applications for the ISPAE Observership Award 2022-23. The objective of the award is to inculcate interest and disseminate knowledge in pediatric endocrinology among pediatricians and physicians with interest in pediatric endocrinology.
The Observership completion date will be 31st March 2023.
The process and procedures are as follows:
- The award is meant as a reimbursement to partially defray the expenses of the selected candidate in spending one to three months (1-3 months) with a Pediatric Endocrinology centre or an Endocrinology centre with facilities for exposure and training in pediatric endocrinology.
- The training centre should have at least (1) two pediatric endocrinologists or (2) one pediatric endocrinologist and one adult endocrinologist interested in pediatric endocrinology as faculty/trainers. The centers which have on-going training and/or fellowship programs would be preferred. For more information please visit www.ispae.org.in
- The applicant must communicate with the training centre/ mentor in advance. Documentation of acceptance by the Centre/ Mentor/ Institute concerned should be submitted along with the application. The observership should occur in the Financial Year 2022-23, but extended (due to COVID19 pandemic) to no later than 30th September 2022.
- It is planned to grant travel awards to 2 persons this year if applicants are found suitable.
- The award consists of an amount of Rs 25,000/-, and will be given after the candidate successfully completes his/her tenure and the course report duly signed by the mentor, which is submitted to the executive committee of ISPAE is approved.
- The applicant must be a member of ISPAE. Those who are not would have to become members immediately upon selection; else the offer will automatically go to the next on the short list. Please check the details regarding ISPAE membership at our web-site www.ispae.org.in
- Preference will be given to young faculty members, who are in a position to start pediatric endocrine clinics in their hospital, or are already running a clinic but have not had the benefit of a formal training program. However, the award is not limited to this group. Those who have done endocrinology or pediatric endocrinology training earlier and wish to do a refresher course in pediatric endocrinology may also apply.
- Upper age limit is 45 years.
- The application must be accompanied by a recommendation note from one active ISPAE member.
- It is desirable that the applicant plans for & submits a brief synopsis of a research plan that he/she would like to commence during the period.
- Applicants should send in their applications for the award by 20th July 2022.
Interested candidates can apply online, upload the necessary documents at https://www.ispae.org.in/observership-application-form/
If needed please reach out to Dr. Rakesh Kumar (Joint Secretary – ISPAE 2021-22) at firstname.lastname@example.org